Immigration Lawyer

Boston cop indicted for marriage green card immigration fraud

A Boston area man who was formerly a Brockton police officer was indicted in federal court for green card marriage fraud and entering into a marriage to evade immigration laws. The former cop, a US citizen, had married a German citizen so that she could her green card. The wife has been indicted, as well as the woman who set the arrangement up. If found guilty, this green card marriage fraud can be punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. The wife will likely be deported back to Germany after serving her sentence.

2 Responses to “Boston cop indicted for marriage green card immigration fraud”

  1. Marissa says:

    I would like to know more about this. I live in Boston and I cannot recall seeing or hearing about this story. I work for a company that helps facilitate immigrant entry, specifically via the eb5 visa program, so I am typically up on these stories. This could make a valuable case study for a project we are working on, so if you have any more info as to the source of this, I would really appreciate it. I will watch this spot, or you can just shoot me an email. Thanks so much!

  2. Peter Piper says:

    I feel sad for that girl since she didn’t even need to do this. She could’ve found someone who was sincerely interested in her rather than this policeman.

    Also, I don’t understand why someone from Germany would even bother. It is an advanced country with high standard of living. Why bother trying to get a green card here?

Leave a Reply

Spam protection by WP Captcha-Free

About    Terms of Use    
© 2012 Cavanaugh Law Office      Millie Anne Cavanaugh, Esq., 13101 W. Washington Blvd., Suite 423 Los Angeles, CA 90066
Sitemap     Attorney Advertisement     Boston Immigration Lawyer    Los Angeles Immigration Attorney    

DISCLAIMER: US immigration law is constantly changing and content on this website may not reflect recent changes. Do take, or refrain from taking, action based upon information from this website. Refer to a primary, governmental source or consult with an immigration lawyer to confirm that the information is up to date.