fiance visa

Home/Tag: fiance visa

A fiancee visa can be obtained by a United States Citizen to bring a boyfriend or girlfriend into the US to get married. If the couple marries within 90 days of entry, the fiancee can adjust status after marriage and obtain a conditional green card. To start the fiancee visa process, form I-129f is filed with the USCIS service center having jurisdiction over the state where the American citizen resides. Once the I-129f Fiancee Visa application is approved, the National Visa Center (NVC) forwards the case to the foreign consulate where the fiancee lives for scheduling of a medical exam and fiancee visa interview. After the consulate issues the fiancee visa, the applicant can enter the US, marry, and continue with the green card process.

USCIS Fees Increase 21 Percent on 12/23/2016

By |November 3rd, 2016|Immigration Lawyer|

USCIS has finalized plans to raise filing fees for almost all of its filing forms on 12/23/2016. Although the increases represent a weighted average of 21% above the current fees, the changes range from a modest 8% for Naturalization (N-400) to over 100% for children seeking proof of US Citizenship status obtained via parents (N-600/N-600k). A detailed breakdown of new [...]