Form 601

Home/Tag: Form 601

Form 601 is used by foreign nationals who, after applying to the US for an immigrant visa or green card, have been found to be inadmissible to the United States. USCIS form 601 is filed with the US consulate or, for in-country waivers, the USCIS field office with jurisdiction over the applicant’s residence. Form 601 contains questions about the applicant, the applicant’s family, and immigration history, among other things. Form 601 should be combined with documentary evidence proving that extreme hardship would be suffered if the foreign national were not granted an immigrant visa or green card.

I-601 Waiver

By |August 18th, 2009|Immigration Waiver|

The I-601 waiver is a US immigration waiver used to overcome inadmissibility for certain intending immigrants to the United States. Applying for American immigration benefits is usually a two-step process. First the petitioner, a US citizen, LPR or employer, will file an application with USCIS on behalf of a foreign national intending immigrant. An approved [...]