green card through marriage

Home/Tag: green card through marriage

601 Waiver and a Green Card through Marriage

By |February 27th, 2010|Immigration Waiver|

Needing a 601 waiver to get a green card through marriage is no insignificant thing. The proper preparation of a waiver will require many hours of work on the part of both the immigration lawyer and his clients. And yes, you should hire a lawyer to prepare the waiver. If you go it alone, and get rejected, you must start all over again if you want your husband to ever be able to get his green card.

Adjustment of status work authorization (I-765)

By |February 25th, 2010|Adjustment of Status (AOS)|

USCIS recently announced a change in the processing of form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) that is commonly used by green card attorneys during the adjustment of status immigration process, including when submitting an application for a green card through marriage. Green card applicants do not automatically have the right to work in the United [...]

K-3 Visa & Marriage Visa Process Change

By |February 24th, 2010|Marriage Visa|

The US Department of State recently announced a change to the way they process K-3 Visa applications. In the past, US citizens or lawful permanent resident spouses would use a K-3 visa to bring their husband or wife to the US. Unlike normal spousal visa processing abroad (via form I-130), a K-3 visa only granted [...]

The dangers of failing to apply for a green card

By |November 14th, 2009|Green Card|

Foreign nationals who wait patiently, sometimes for several years, for a US green card to become available to them would probably not believe that some aliens do not complete the green card application process when one is readily available. But it does happen. These eligible aliens often are already in the US and put off [...]